BUXUS | microphylla var. microphylla (Korean Box)
Valued throughout the world in many different cultures for its amazing ability to withstand constant clipping and shaping , Buxus is grown extensively as a hedging and topiary plant. Evergreen with small attractive dark green leaves, Korean Box tends to grow lower and wider, making it an ideal informal hedging plant. Slight weeping habit. Glossy, soft, green leaves are smaller than most Buxus varieties, and tend to be narrower in shape. leaves will turn more lime in the sun. This particular box does not have such a strong smell so its good for use in courtyards. Also ideal for creating a low, informal or formal clipped hedge or plant under trees as a groundcover. Great in pots. Grows approx 30cm in 3 years.
- POSITION Full sun to shade
- SOIL TYPE: All types
- FROST HARDY: Yes
- DROUGHT TOLERANT: Yes, once established
- SIZE: Height:0.5m; Width: 0.5m
- HABIT: Mounding, dense, full to the ground, nicely rounded dwarf shape
- FLOWERS:small insignificant cream colour
- USES: hedging, topiary, low borders
- PRUNE:spring, summer, autumn
- FRAGRANCE: very faint boxwood odor
- EVERGREEN: yes
- RATE OF GROWTH: Slow -medium
- CARE:Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system. Feed with a general purpose fertilizer before new growth begins in spring.
- NATIVE HABITAT: Buxus is native to Europe, as well as north Africa, from Great Britain to Turkey.
Grow an amazing garden.
Most plants supplied by Botanex are tubestock size. Please be aware the images supplied are of plants at their full potential.
We supply small plants in order to keep your shipping cost low, and make your online plant ordering simple