Coprosma - 'Yvonne'
Fast-growing small shrub for hedges, screens and mixed plantings. Green and chocolate leaves intensify to almost black in winter, and provide a good contrast to greens and silvers in the garden. Hardy and tolerant of poor, dry or sandy soils, coastal spay, sun or part shade. (Will lose good colour in full shade.) Trims readily to any desired shape. Avoid wet sites.
- POSITION Full Sun - Part Shade
- SOIL TYPE: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, suits a wide range of soil types
- FROST HARDY: yes.
- DROUGHT TOLERANT: once established.
- SIZE: 1.5m x 1m
- FLOWERS: insignificant.
- FOLIAGE: Evergreen, Green and chocolate
- USES: mass planting, hedging, containers, topiary, contrast foliage
- PRUNE: as required, spring- summer
- FRAGRANCE: no
- EVERGREEN: yes
- RATE OF GROWTH: Fast
- CARE: Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system. Feed with a general purpose fertilizer before new growth begins in spring. foliage that reverts to plain green should be removed immediately.