HEDERA HELIX | 'Goldheart' (Oro di Bogliasco)
Dense vigorous evergreen. Attractive rich green foliage with large central splash of buttercup yellow.
Tolerant of dry conditions and heavy shade, but colour will be better in sun or semi-shade. Excellent self-clinging wall cover plant reaching approx. 6m. Plant 60cm apart.
Pink new shoots that mature to reddish-maroon with age.
- POSITION Dappled sun - full shade
- SOIL TYPE: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, suits a wide range of soil types
- FROST HARDY: yes.
- DROUGHT TOLERANT: once established.
- SIZE: height: 15cm spread: up to 6m.
- FLOWERS: insignificant green followed by black berries.
- FOLIAGE: Evergreen, rich green foliage with large central splash of buttercup yellow.
- USES: mass planting, groundcover, containers, self-clinging vine
- PRUNE: after berries
- FRAGRANCE: no
- EVERGREEN: yes
- RATE OF GROWTH: Slow - Moderate. Uninvasive.
- CARE: Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system. Feed with a general purpose fertilizer before new growth begins in spring. foliage that reverts to plain green should be removed immediately.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin & eye irritant