Mondo Grass - Dwarf (Ophiopogon japonicus 'Nanus') BULK -BAREROOTED PACK OF 100
A first-class ground cover, Mondo Grass forms a lush carpet of very dark green grass-like foliage. It is similar in appearance to Liriope but with much thinner blades that provide a softer texture. Mondo grass has strappy dark green leaves and short spikes of lilac flowers, however, these are not very apparent. Mondo grass spreads by underground stems so dense clumps form eventually to cover the ground.
Mondo Grass is a perfect plant for medium to full shade conditions and is a great filler for containers and beds. It is a useful groundcover, especially under trees, and is ideal to use for bordering paths, in the front of borders, and between flagging.
Mondo grass can be mowed or sheared in late winter before new growth beings in spring.
The smallest Ophiopogon has a very tough compact habit. Eventually the individual plants will merge to form an impenetrable groundcover or 'lawn'
- POSITION Full sun ,part shade
- SOIL TYPE: well drained, rich soil
- FROST HARDY: yes.
- DROUGHT TOLERANT: once established
- SIZE: height: 6cm x width: 20cm
- FLOWERS: Lavender coloured spring/ summer blooms, autumn berries
- USES: borders, rockeries, pots, grass substitute, between pavers, groundcover.
- PRUNE: if plant become straggly, shear back in Spring
- FRAGRANCE: yes
- EVERGREEN: yes
- RATE OF GROWTH: Medium
- CARE:Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system. Feed with a general purpose fertilizer before new growth begins in spring.
Grow an amazing garden.
Note: Most plants supplied by Botanex are tubestock size. Please be aware the images supplied are of plants at their full potential.
We supply small plants in order to keep your shipping cost low, and make your online plant ordering simple.